Best Marinades for your Tandoori Platter
Our idea for spending a wintery day is simple – family and friends together around the tandoor/bar-be-que, having hot scrumptious food. And if your idea matches ours then all you need is the best cut of meats, fresh vegetables, and marinade recipes brought for you by the best milk brand in Delhi, Freshmen’s Valley.
These marinades are easy to put together and are good for both meat (chicken, lamb, sea food, etc.) and vegetables (broccoli, zucchini, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.).
Put together 2 cups pureed spinach & coriander leaves, and paste of 3 green chillies, with 1 tsp each of black pepper, crushed red chilli, powdered fenugreek seeds, and 3 eggs, 3/4 cup refined flour, and 3 cups desiccated coconut.
Green Peas Marinade
Mix together 1 1/2 tsp each of cumin & coriander seeds, with 1 tbsp ginger-garlic-chilli paste, 1 cup pureed parsley leaves, juice from one lemon, and 1 tsp each of turmeric powder & chaat masala, 1 cup boiled & mashed green peas, 3 tsp white sesame seeds, and 4 tbsp each of cornflour & bread crumbs.
Pineapple Gingered Marinade
Mix together 1 cup pineapple juice, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 1 tsp chopped garlic, and 3 finely chopped onions.
Marinade with Lebanese Twist
Bring together 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, 2 large onions, 1 clove of garlic, 4 medium tomatoes, 1/2 tsp saffron, and 1 tbsp sumac.
Sweet and Tangy Marinade
Whisk 2 cups yogurt with one medium onion, 1/3 cup olive oil, freshly ground pepper, 1 crushed garlic clove, juice from two lemons, 2 tsp flax seeds, and 3 tbsp honey.
Put together 2 cups yogurt with one medium onion, 1/3 cup olive oil, freshly ground pepper, 1/2 cup fresh oregano, 1 clove of garlic, juice from one lemon, and 2 tsp cumin seeds.
Mix together 4 cups yogurt with 1 cup mashed paneer, one small onion, 1 tsp chopped ginger, few coriander leaves, 1/2 cup chopped almonds & raisins, 1/2 tsp each of white pepper & green cardamom powder, and 1/2 cup rolled oats.
Points to remember:
- All vegetables used in the marinade mixture (like onions, tomatoes, chilly, garlic, ginger, herbs, etc.) should be finely grated/chopped.
- Season the marinade with salt before rubbing it in the meat or veggie.
- The vegetables you choose to grill, should be around 2 inch in size and thoroughly washed.
- The meat should be thoroughly washed, and the chunks (wherever used) should be around 1.5 inch in size.
- For best results, marinade meat like lamb and chicken overnight, and seafood and vegetables for minimum 4-5 hours.
- Source milk, buttermilk, yogurt, and other dairy products from quality brands like Freshmen’s Valley only.
Now that you have a treasure full of marinade recipes, host a get-together and enjoy this weather while it lasts!