DAIRY DELICACIES TO SAVOUR DURING STRESS
A healthy mind resides in a healthy body.
At a time when your child needs every help he can get, your responsibilities as a parent are tested. And while helping him go through his syllabus may not be your cup of tea, the kitchen certainly is your kingdom. If you can’t help reduce your child’s stress, at least help him deal with it – and in a healthy way. Ensure your child gets proper nutrition and enjoyment to distract him from his academic stress.
Here are some of the wonders you can do in your kitchen that will keep your kid healthy and going:
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE
Not many people claim to be a big fan of cauliflower. Perhaps all that is missing is a tasty twist. Here’s how to give that twist:
|• Cauliflower||1, cut into florets|
|• Flour||¼ cup|
|• Milk||2 cups|
|• Parmesan cheese||¼ cup|
|• Bread crumbs||½ cup|
COTTAGE CHEESE PANCAKES
• Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
• Add cauliflower florets to boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain and put them in a dish.
• Make a quick check whether your son is studying hard.
• Melt 3tbspn of butter in a small pan and add flour and salt. Saute for a minute.
• Add milk while stirring continuously until a thick, bubbly sauce forms.
• Make another quick check to be sure your son hasn’t his cell open within his book.
• Mix with mustand and pour over the cauliflower florets. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
• Melt remaining 3tbspn of butter and stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the dish.
• Bake it uncovered in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Appreciate your son’s dedication meanwhile.
• Present to him the reward for being so dedicated.
Pancakes are a hungry man’s best friend. They are easy, tasty and healthy. Give your kid this easy boost that goes a long way in helping him fight stress.
|• Flour||1 cup|
|• Baking powder||1tbspn|
|• Baking soda||1/4tbspn|
|• Cottage cheese||400grams|
We don’t need to mention that the best part is the easy availability of all these items in any home. And you don’t need to mention that by stating so, we have actually mentioned that. What we need to mention and you need to concern yourself with is this procedure.
• Mix baking powder, baking soda, flour and sugar together.
• In another bowl, mix eggs and add cottage cheese until smooth.
• Combine the two mixtures. Melt butter and mix it with the rest.
• Drop the batter by spoonfulls into hot frying pan and cook.
CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE
Probably the yummiest dish in our recipe list. This one is loaded with the goodness of cheese and chicken and macaroni is something universally loved by kids and grownups alike.
|• Milk||1½ cups|
|• Cheddar (shredded)||360grams|
|• Salt and freshly ground pepper||to taste|
|• Baby spinach||1 cup|
|• Cherry tomatoes (quartered)||1 cup|
|• Cooked chicken (chopped)||¼ cup|
This much achieved, know how to cook this best dish for your child:
• Cook pasta in large quantity of salted boiling water. Drain.
• Melt butter and add flour separately. Add milk while whisking them together to create a paste and simmer it until it thickens.
• Mix with melted cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Add pasta, stir and warm up. Pour into bowls and garnish each with spinach, tomatoes and chicken.
FRUITY ICE CREAM DESSERT
Even the best of chefs admit defeat when it comes to making a dish a kid loves more than an ice cream. So give this coveted item an even tastier turn and present to your child something healthy and mouth-watering. All you will need is:
|• Condensed milk||1tbspn|
|• Chocolate sauce||1tbspn|
|• Vanilla essence||1 drop|
|• Ice cream||1 scoop|
|• Almonds and Walnuts (Chopped)||1tbspn|
Couldn’t be easier, could it? Even the laziest person won’t hesitate to make this.
• Split the banana vertically into half.
• Make warm chocolate syrup by mixing condensed milk, chocolate sauce and vanilla essence on heat.
• Place an ice cream scoop in middle of banana and pour this hot sauce over it. Try experimenting with different ice cream flavours.
• Garnish with almonds and walnuts. Serve!
Stick to these easy and effective ones for now. Such delicious study breaks will not only prove to be nutritious for your child, but also help him forget his stress and begin the next study session afresh. So help him study better by making him eat better!