EXPERIMENT WITH YOGHURT WITH DIFFERENT RAITAS
Summers are a great time to get your fill of chilled yoghurt and add another taste to your usual meal. All the nutrients of milk along with the essential probiotics make it a must-have dish to go along with paranthas, roti-sabzi and chawal. To add to its various uses is the fact that it can be consumed in various forms too, whether it is by making hot and tasty kadhi, a refreshing glass of lassi or the ever-tasty raita.
While kadi and lassi remain a simple procedure, there exist numerous different alterations to raita which bring out a different taste each time. So here are a few raita recipes for you to try out and strike upon a (or many) favourite one. Do give each one of them a shot because they are all as easy as they are wonderful.
Without onions, every meal seems to be incomplete. Whether it is in salad, in vegetable or in your parantha; it is omnipresent. Here is what you will need to get it in your raita:
- Roasted cumin, crushed5g
- Sliced onions50g
- Green chillies, chopped10g
- Coriander leaves10g
- Garnish chilli powder, roasted cumin crushed, salt to taste
Get along with the process to give your family a taste of this pyaaz raita:
• Whisk the yoghurt along with the cream and salt.
• Mix in the cumin powder, sliced onions, green chillies and coriander leaves.
• Serve garnished with cumin and chilli powder.
Gather about these items to start with this colourful departure from the usual monotonous appearance of a raita,
- Beetroot, boiled, peeled and pureed1
- Onion, chopped½
- Cucumber, chopped½
- Yoghurt1 bowl
- Salt to taste, chopped coriander leaves
Let’s get into the procedure right away, without any delay to this wonderful raita.
• In a blender, add yoghurt and beetroot puree. Mix and strain in a bowl until it is pink in colour.
• Add chopped onions, cucumbers and salt to the bowl. Mix.
• Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
Khatta Meetha Raita
If you want to give your taste buds a hint of both sweet and tangy, go for this raita and enjoy its ultimate taste. Collect all these items:
- Yoghurt1 bowl
- Gooseberry (amla)5 in number
- Pomegranate½ cup
- Honey/maple syrup1tsp
- Cumin powder, chat masala1tsp
- Mint leaves(for garnish)1tsp
- Curry leaves1tsp
- Mustard seeds1/2tsp
For extra nutrition you can add 1tsp flax seed powder to it. Handle these items in the following way:
• Blend amla and pomegranate together.
• Whisk yoghurt in a bowl.
• Add honey or maple syrup, cumin powder and chat masala.
• Prepare a tadka of mustard seeds, curry leaves and peanuts and add this tadka to the fruit yoghurt mix.
• Garnish with mint leaves.
Likewise, you can go for separate raitas for the different vegetables, or you can mix them up and spice up your raita savouring experience.
- Yogurt1 cup
- Carrot, peeled & chopped1
- Capsicum, chopped1
- Cucumber, peeled & chopped1
- Tomato, chopped1
- Black pepper powder¼ tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
Here is how to get the perfect raita out of all these ingredients:
• Whisk the yogurt till smooth.
• Add the spices and salt and mix well.
• Add the chopped vegetables, stir and serve immediately.