Summer special KULFI delights- a burst of taste, flavors and nutrition!
Gulkand and Date kulfi
• Milk (skimmed) 2lts
• Condensed milk 2tsp
• Fresh cream 1tsp
• Gulkand 3tsp
• Dates (dried and chopped) 3tsp
• Rose essence 2-3 drops
• Dried rose petals (garnish) 1tsp
• Honey (to garnish) 2-3tsp
1. Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan. Once it begins to boil, reduce the gas and simmer for about 45 minutes. Continue stirring; cook until milk reduces to half of its original quantity. Milk will hit a cream color. Remove from flame when it thickens and let it cool.
2. Add condensed milk, fresh cream, rose essence, chopped dates and gulkand. Mix all very well.
3. Now cook this kulfi mix on slow flame for about 5 minutes till it converts into a batter similar to cake batter.
4. Remove from gas and cool completely.
5. Put it into kulfi moulds. Place in freezer. Leave to set for 8-10hours.
6. Remove from freezer. Pour honey and garnish with dried rose petals. Serve immediately and enjoy!
• Fresh yoghurt (plain) 1 cup
• Saffron few strands
• Cardamom powder 1tsp
• Maple syrup2 tsp
• Vanilla essence 2-3 drops
1. Blend yoghurt, cardamom powder and maple syrup together.
2. Add vanilla essence and saffron strands to it and mix well.
3. Pour into kulfi moulds and freeze.
4. Serve chilled!
• Milk 1lt
• Condensed milk 100ml
• Cream 2tsp
• Any fruit marmalade(of your choice) 3tbsp
1. Boil the milk and reduce the flame as it starts boiling. Simmer for about 30minutes
2. Add condensed milk and cream to it and stir continuously for another 10minutes till the mixture becomes thick consistency.
3. Add marmalade at this stage and mix well so that no lumps are formed.
4. Allow the mixture to settle down at room temperature
5. Put in kulfi moulds and freeze for 8-10hours
6. Remove from freezer and serve immediately.
Tooty Fruity kulfi
• Apples, grated 1
• Guava, grated 1
• Pineapple, grated 1 cup
• Almonds & walnuts, chopped 2tsp
• Cherries 2tsp
• Milk (skimmed) 1lt
• Condensed milk 3tsp
• Corn flour 2tsp
• Mango juice (for dip) 1 cup
1. Bring milk to a boil. As it boils reduce the gas and simmer the milk for about 30 minutes till it reduces to half of its original quantity.
2. Add condensed milk and corn flour to it. Mix well and simmer again for 5 minutes till it attains a creamy consistency.
3. Remove from heat. Let it cool until it reaches room temperature.
4. Add all the grated fruits, chopped almonds-walnuts and cherries and mix well.
5. Pour this mixture into kulfi moulds and freeze.
6. Remove from freezer, dip kulfis into mango juice and serve immediately!
• Milk (full cream) 1 lt
• Condensed milk 200 gms
• Coffee powder (your choice) 50 gms
• Caramel sugar 2tsp
• Mix nuts powder, for garnish 2-3tsp
• (cashew+ almonds+ walnuts+ hazelnut+ pistachios)
1. Bring milk to boil.
2. Add condensed milk, coffee powder and caramel sugar to it and mix well.
3. Simmer the milk for about 30-40 minutes until it reduces to half of its original quantity.
4. Once the milk reduces, remove from heat.
5. Pour the mixture in kulfi moulds and freeze for about 8-10 hours.
6. Before serving, garnish with mix nuts powder and serve immediately!