THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE
What is the second-best thing that you crave for when you wake up to a rainy morning? Because we all know the best will always be another 5 minutes of sleep! Anyways, back to the second-best. Yes, it’s a cup of hot chocolate. Nothing is better than spending the morning snug up against a window and watching the downpour outside while sipping on a cup of hot chocolate. Watching nature at its best while enjoying comfort at its best.
Imagine such a scene and then question yourself whether you will like any alteration in such a serene scenario, no matter how tiny it is? The answer is no, we know. Be it an interruption from even a family member or an important call on your phone, you won’t like any of it because that’s a moment you will be one with peace. So while we can’t assure you safety from the above two interruptions, there is another important perfection we can ensure. The taste of your hot chocolate!
Won’t your experience be completely ruined when everything is to your liking – except the taste of your hot chocolate? But we don’t need to follow this train of thought because with the recipe for the best hot chocolate we have for you today, no such thing is possible. All you need is to ensure that it is followed properly. Gather these things to start with:
- Full cream or semi-skimmed milk270ml
- Good-quality drinking chocolate1 tbsp
- Sugar(to taste)
- Nutmeg powder1 pinch
- Cinnamon powder1 pinch
And once again, follow the recipe precisely for the perfect taste. Here it is:
- Put the milk into a pan. Bring to a simmer – not a boil – and while it’s heating, put a tablespoon of drinking chocolate and sugar (if using) into the mug.
- Add a little milk from the pan to the mug – enough to dissolve the drinking chocolate – and drop in the marshmallows.
- When the milk is at a simmer, carefully pour it into a plastic jug or flask. The trick is to have a big enough jug or flask so the milk only fills half of it – the other half is for shaking and frothing.
- Screw the lid on tightly, place a cloth over the lid for safety, and shake hard for a minute.
- Remove the lid and pour the milk into your mug.
- Add a dash of nutmeg & cinnamon powder for garnishing
- Stir a little and enjoy.
With monsoon underway, there couldn’t be a better time to prepare this hot steaming cup of hot chocolate, right? So wake up every morning looking out for that window of opportunity. Who knows when it might be raining, and you get to gulp down this tasty drink! Until then, you can practice! No better way to turn your morning blues into morning bliss, right? Enjoy!