THE TASTIEST RECIPES TO CELEBRATE THE DEEPEST OF BONDS
Lo and behold! The festival of Raksha Bandhan is here upon us! It’s the time when younger sisters will be looking for big gifts from their elder brothers, and elder sisters will be raiding shops for Spiderman rakhi for their toddler siblings; the married sisters will be having a tough time dealing with the prospect of visiting their brothers soon and the old age ones will be preparing sevaiyan to renew the age-old bond.
The festive season is surely an exciting time. And we have something for you today to help enjoy that excitement even more. Now spend more time shopping – choosing the best rakhi – and planning (or even fascinating) grand family reunions because we are going to take your kitchen workload away from you. No further need to work your mind about the best delicacies to enjoy this festival with because we have all the best ones right here for you. Enjoy the festival with warm memories of past and ensure a healthy future too with these dairy dishes:
What better way to enjoy the festival than with its traditional dish, right? Skip your visit to the market and try making it on your own with these:
- Flour4 cups
- Ghee2 cups
- Milk1 cup
- Sugar1 ½ cups
- Water4 cup
- Yellow colour½ tbsp
- Almonds (chopped)1 tbsp
- Pistachios (chopped)1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder1 tbsp
- Saffron (soaked in milk)1 tbsp
Here’s how to go about it for the tastiest result:
- Mix flour, ghee, milk and 3 cups of water and make a batter.
- Dissolve edible yellow colour in the remaining water and mix it to the batter.
- Fill half of a steel container with ghee and heat. Once the ghee is hot, pour a glass of batter in the centre of ghee and allow the foam to settle.
- Pour a glassful of batter in the ghee again. Once the foam settles down again, place the Ghewar on a mesh.
- Prepare sugar syrup and dip the Ghevar in syrup. Keep it aside for cooling.
- Pour a few drops of saffron water and sprinkle chopped almonds, pistachios and cardamom powder.
- Your delicious Ghevar is ready!
This sweet dairy drink is sure to get a lot of attention for both its taste and its texture. Here are the items you will need:
- Condensed milk2 litre
- Soaked rice100g
- Cardamom powder½ tbsp
- Pistachios½ cup
- Rose syrup1 tbsp
- Soaked saffron strands
Follow this process to enjoy a cool refreshing drink with your family:
- Grind soaked rice to make a paste.
- Boil the milk and add rice paste to it.
- Allow it cool down till it gets a thick texture.
- Mix cardamom powder, rose syrup and saffron and stir it for a while.
- Place it in a plate and store it in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with pistachio nuts and serve chilled.
Chocolate Biscuit Pudding
This no bake recipe is sure to be a hit among the children and perhaps bring the child in adults out too. So start gathering these items right away:
- Biscuits30 to 40
- Milk2 ½ cups
- Custard Powder1 tbsp
- Cocoa Powder2 tbsp
- Sugar4 tbsp
- Instant Coffee Powder1 tbsp
- Cream1 cup
- Chocolate Grated for decoration
Here’s what you will need to do for the perfect chocolate pudding
- Take custard powder, cocoa powder and sugar in a sauce pan. Add 1.5 cups of milk slowly and mix well.
- Heat as you keep mixing until it gets thick and glossy. Add cream & mix well.
- Take 1 cup of milk and coffee powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Dip biscuits in the milk and arrange it in a serving dish.
- Pour a little cream over it and keep repeating the layers. The top should have a layer of the cream.
- Take some biscuits in a blender and powder finely. Grate some chocolate and decorate the pudding with these.
- Chill for a few hours, slice and serve.
This is a favourite of both kids and adults. Consume this dish after lunch to end your meal with the perfect dessert. Start by gathering these ingredients:
- Roasted chana dal1.5 cups
- Whole wheat1 cup
- Sugar (powdered)1.5 cups
- Ghee1 cup (+ 2 tbsp)
- Almonds, pistachio10
- Sesame seedsFor coating
Now here is the simple process that will enable you to enjoy this delicacy:
- Dry roast wheat in a heavy bottom pan on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely and then grind in the mixer to a fine powder.
- Now grind the roasted chana dal to a fine powder and mix with ground meat.
- Add crushed almonds and cardamom powder.
- Add powdered sugar and melted warm ghee.
- Make into small balls and coat with sesame seeds. Serve.
Simple and easy, this recipe uses only 4 ingredients and isn’t even time consuming. If there ever comes the need of a last minute resort, gather up these items:
- Flaked coconut5 ½ cups
- Milk420 ml
- Vanilla extract2 tbsp
- Almond extract1 ½ tbsp
Don’t waste any time getting done with this simple sweet delicacy. Follow this process:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In large mixing bowl, combine coconut, milk and the 2 extracts; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on aluminum foil-lined and greased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (or until lightly browned around the edges) and remove from baking sheets.
- Serve or store loosely covered at room temperature.
And you are now ready to enjoy the festival to the fullest! No need to fret yourself anymore about how to welcome the guests or how to embrace your brother – just fall into fascinations of the reunion and leave hospitality to these amazing dairy dishes.