WAYS TO USE EXTRA WHIPPED CREAM
Hosting a party or a dinner always calls for the same procedure. Buying too much of ingredients, consuming most of them and leaving some behind. And even though most of the ingredients can be made into tasty dishes later, some of them don’t have the luxury of time. One such ingredient is whipped cream.
The biggest problem with whipped cream is its expiration date. So no matter how much of it is left, either it has to be consumed within time or it goes to waste. So if you are looking for ideas to just finish up your extra whipped cream or even satisfy your appetite for a bit too much craving of it, here are some ideas that can help you accomplish the task:
CREAMY SCRAMBLED EGGS
Who doesn’t love scrambled eggs? And with this little twist of adding cream to them, that love is going to grow even more. Here’s what you will need:
• Large eggs 2
• Unsalted butter1 tbsp
• Whipped cream 1 tbsp
• Salt ¼ tbsp
Read on to know how to make this mouthwatering dish:
• Place the pan over low heat. Add butter and let it melt while you whisk the eggs.
• Add the salt, whipped cream and a few grinds of pepper into the eggs.
• Pour the eggs into the pan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir the eggs occasionally with. Continue cooking until they are as soft or as firm as you like them.
• Remove the eggs from heat slightly before they’re done. The eggs will continue cooking for a minute or two off the heat. Serve.
BANANAS N CREAM SQUARES
If you love bananas, this is the way to go for you because bananas can’t get tastier than this! Gather around the ingredients:
• Chilled butter ¾ cup
• Flour 1 ½ cups
• Pecans (chopped) 1 cup
• Cream cheese 225 g
• Confectioners’ sugar 1 cup
• Whipped cream 450 g
• Bananas 4
• Banana/vanilla instant pudding and pie filling 2 packs
• Milk 3 cups
Here is the way to make this finger-licking dessert:
• Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9X13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
• In a bowl, cut butter into flour and mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Add 1/2 cup pecans and mix well. Press mixture into prepared baking dish.
• Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and then allow to cool.
• Beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl until well combined. Add half the whipped cream and mix. Pour this over the cooled crust.
• Cut bananas into 1/4-inch slices and arrange over cream cheese layer.
• In a bowl, beat pudding mix and milk until creamy. Spoon over bananas and top with remaining whipped cream. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE
With the summers arriving, ice cream sandwich cake is something that is bound to become a favourite of your child. This is what you will need:
• Extra-thick ice cream sandwiches 10
• Strawberry ice cream (softened) 1 pint
• Frozen whipped cream (thawed) 225 g
• Chocolate covered banana pieces 10-12
• Chocolate topping for drizzling
Make sure you know these steps, your child is going to pester you much for this:
• Line a 9X5 inch loaf pan with foil, letting it hang over sides.
• Arrange half the ice cream sandwiches in a single layer. Spread ice cream evenly over top of sandwiches. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches. Wrap loosely with foil and freezer 2 hours, or until firm.
• Remove from freezer and invert onto a serving platter. Remove pan and foil, then frost top and sides with whipped topping.
• Decorate with banana pieces and return to freezer at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, slice and drizzle with chocolate topping.
FROZEN PINEAPPLE-LEMON PIE
The nutrients of pineapple, lemon and whipped cream are complimented by the fact that this pie is a no bake. Have a look at what you will need:
• Crushed pineapple in heavy syrup 1 can
• Frozen whipped cream (thawed) 225 g
• Walnuts (chopped) ½ cup
• grated peel of lemon 1
• Lemon juice 2 tbsp
• Graham cracker pie crust 1
Making this dish is a relatively simple task, though the dish takes time. See how:
• In a bowl, combine pineapple, the reserved syrup, whipped cream, nuts, lemon peel, and lemon juice; stir until well blended then spoon into crust.
• Cover and freeze 6 hours, or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
BALSAMIC BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE
Make your whipped cream into something you pour over bananas, apple cake, vanilla ice cream, strawberries, gingerbread… Everything you wish. Here’s what you will need:
• Salted butter 1/3 cup
• Light brown sugar 1 cup
• Granulated sugar 1/3 cup
• Whipped cream 2/3 cup
• Balsamic vinegar 2-3 tbsp
Let’s get to making this sauce now
• Place butter, sugars and cream in a small saucepan, and stir over low heat till the sugar dissolves. Turn the heat to medium and bring the sauce to a boil, whisking continuously for 5 minutes. Remove it from heat.
• Stir in the vinegar, to taste. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
These are some of the many ways you can go to finish up your whipped cream. Next time when you happen to have this healthy as well as tasty thing as a leftover, consider it as a boon and don’t mull over what could be done with it. The options are endless!